Careers Education and Preparation for Adulthood
Here at Avalon School we offer a broad and balanced careers education which incorporates the four Preparation for Adulthood pathways and includes explicit weekly teaching sessions and embedded learning across the week for all students from year 7 to year 14.
‘Learning for Life’ is at the heart of all we do. Our aim is to develop the skills that our young people need as they progress through the school and to prepare them for the next stage, whether it be to further education, training or employment, being part of their community, independent living and ultimately a good adult life. We offer individualised learning for every student which is appropriately linked to the national careers strategy and includes encounters with employers and employees, experiences of workplaces, encounters with further education provision and personal guidance and advice for our young people and their parents and carers, informed by current career and labour market information.
Careers Lead Amy Norris firstname.lastname@example.org 01458 443081
Careers Adviser Emma France email@example.com
We work closely with The Careers and Enterprise Company and Careers Coordinator
Emma Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
Avalon School reviews this published information annually, inviting feedback from key stakeholders.
At Avalon School we are busy growing your employees of the future. We need your help to raise their career aspirations, develop their employability skills and learn more about the exciting industries in and around Somerset
Ways to support:
- Get involved in extracurricular clubs and activities
- Give an inspiring talk based on your industry or job role
- Provide a coaching/mentoring service through a structured programme
- Run a hands-on workshop with activities relating to your area of expertise
- Be part of our discussions about pathways after school, eg apprenticeships
- Help champion specific issues and challenge barriers in the workplace around gender stereotyping, disability etc
- Help bring a subject lesson to life by linking it to your industry
- Offer a work experience placement for students at your business premises
- Become an ambassador supporting employment routes for young people with special educational needs and disabilities and offer a work experience placement that is co-supported by the school
- Provide a Supported Internship opportunity
If you are an employer or organisation who would like to learn more, please contact email@example.com
We measure and assess the impact of our Careers Programme every term using Compass +. Please find our latest Compass + results and how we are meeting the Gatsby Benchmarks here:
Useful links and information for students, parent carers and teachers: