Free School Meals
Children eligible for free school meals must be in school all day, and they will be provided with a meal at lunchtime which is paid for by the school.
It is the responsibility of the parents or carers to register their entitlement and request free school meals for their children.
Parents and carers who receive any of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Universal Credit with an annual household income of less than £7400 after tax
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit, with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HMRC) of less than £16,190
If you meet the criteria listed above, please click on the link below, which will take you to the application process.
Or you can print out a copy of the application form for free meals at school, fill it in and hand the completed form into Avalon School Office, or send it to – Entitlements Team, County Hall, Taunton, TA1 4DY.